What is Radiesse®
Radiesse is a procedure that helps reduce the appearance of certain scars, wrinkles and fine lines. The results of this procedure can last up to two years*. This procedure is performed by injecting a filler in the areas around the nose and the mouth.
What is the procedure process of Radiesse?
Radiesse is performed as an outpatient procedure in a doctor’s office. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia and can usually be completed in less than 15 minutes. The first thing that a doctor does is apply antiseptic to the areas of the face that are going to be treated. After that, he identifies the correct amount of filler to use. The final step in this process is to apply the Radiesse filler underneath the skin. The results of this procedure are usually noticeable within a week.
Who is considered a good candidate for Radiesse?
The ideal candidate for Radiesse is someone between the ages of 30 and 60. People who are interested in getting this procedure done should not have any major medical problems.
What are the benefits of Radiesse?
The main benefit that comes along with getting Radiesse is improved appearance. Wrinkles, fine lines and scars can lower a person’s self-esteem. If a woman likes what she sees in the mirror, she will feel better about herself. Additionally, Radiesse is a great alternative to more drastic procedures.
What is the Cost of Radiesse?
The cost of Radiesse can vary, depending on the number of areas that are being treated, the dosage and the individual doctor.
Yes, Radiesse is very safe when performed by a licensed doctor. Discomfort and bruising are some of the most commonly reported side effects, but they usually subside on their own.
Radiesse is performed under local anesthesia so it is virtually pain-free. However, some patients may experience mild pain when the needle gets injected.
Most patients can return to their normal activities within 36 hours of this procedure*. People should also make sure that they limit their sun exposure for at least a week after getting Radiesse.
I am writing to thank you for your excellent pre, intra, and postoperative care during my recent surgery. My recovery continues to go well and I am glad I had the procedure done. In fact, I was able to give your name to a patient who is interested in facial plastic surgery. Thanks again. See you around
Why choose Dr. Schwartz?
- Dr. Michael Schwartz is certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
- MD from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and ENT Residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Schwartz is an active staff member with Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- He has over 30 years of experience as a surgeon and is extensively trained in the latest advancements in facial plastic surgery.