What is Restylane?
Restylane is a family of injectable fillers that can correct moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles by adding fullness and volume to the skin. The products can also be used to enhance the lips, creating definition and fullness.
The injectable hyaluronic acid gels have been in use for over ten years in over 65 countries. Since its inception, more than ten million Restylane treatments have been used by people who desire less wrinkles and more full lips. For over 20 years, the treatment has remained the only FDA-approved dermal filler for lip enhancement.
What is the procedure process for Restylane?
The Restylane Regimen gives patients a lasting look by using just the right amount of injectable fillers. Every client receives a comprehensive and individualized plan that addresses their specific needs. During the initial treatment, clients consult with their healthcare professional to discuss their goals and concerns. The client receives the first injection of Restylane, which instantly lifts folds and wrinkles, resulting in more youthful-looking skin.
Clients follow-up with a second treatment at either four or nine months, where they can again see immediate improvement in the skin’s contours*. After 18 months, the client attends an additional follow-up appointment with their healthcare professional to discuss any future needs.
Call today to schedule your consultation
Who is a candidate for Restylane?
The injectable fillers are appropriate for most people seeking a younger appearance, but should not be used by those with severe allergies, particularly to gram-positive bacteria. People with bleeding disorders should not use Restylane. The treatment may worsen the appearance of skin problems like hives, skin sores, cysts, rashes or pimples and should only be performed once these skin issues clear.
What are the benefits of Restylane?
Restylane treatment results in firmer, younger-looking skin with fewer wrinkles and folds*. Over 95 percent of patients report seeing positive results for 18 months following the initial treatment, and 92 percent of patients would recommend the treatment to their friends.
What is the cost of Restylane?
The cost of Restylane varies depending on the client’s individual needs.
Restylane is generally safe and produces no major side effects. Most commonly, patients may experience swelling, bruising and tenderness at the injection site that last for about a week*.
Clients undergoing Restylane treatment should avoid using St. John’s wort, aspirin, high doses of vitamin E and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs prior to treatment. These medications may increase bleeding and bruising at the site of injection.
Following treatment, clients may use a cold compress to reduce the risk of swelling and should avoid touching the treated area for up to six hours. Exposure to intense cold or heat should be avoided, including that from the sun or tanning lamps.
Why choose Dr. Schwartz?
- Dr. Michael Schwartz is certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
- MD from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and ENT Residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Schwartz is an active staff member with Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- He has over 30 years of experience as a surgeon and is extensively trained in the latest advancements in facial plastic surgery.