Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, is a plastic surgery procedure that corrects redundant skin and fat of the upper and lower eyelids, restoring a more youthful and refreshed appearance. The procedure can correct sagging of the upper eyelids and puffy bags beneath the lower eyelids. Good candidates for blepharoplasty include healthy men and women who have good skin tone and are looking to improve excess skin of the eye area.
Before and After Photos
* All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
Dr. Schwartz performs blepharoplasty in his office or an outpatient surgical center. Local anesthesia or IV sedation is used and the procedure take about one and a half hours to complete. The incisions are well-concealed within the eyelid crease or, for transconjunctival blepharoplasty, inside of the eyelid. Once the incisions are made, excess skin and fat are removed from the upper and/or lower eyelids.
The Blepharoplasty recovery
The recovery after this procedure takes about five to seven days. The eyelids may feel tight or sore, though medication can help to control discomfort. Bruising and swelling can occur, with the bruising fading within two to four weeks. Patients may also experience some temporary itching, dryness, burning, tearing, blurred or double vision, or sensitivity to light. The stitches are removed within five to seven days. Patients can usually return to work within three to five days, though more strenuous activities should be postponed for about two weeks.
Call today to schedule your consultation
- Your Complete Guide to Blepharoplasty
- How to Choose the Right Facial Rejuvenation Procedure
- What Can You Do About Crow’s Feet?
- How the Face Ages By Decade (And What You Can Do About It)
- 4 Ways to Reduce Signs of Aging in the Eye Area
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is a plastic surgery procedure which can restore a refreshed and more youthful appearance to the eye area. Blepharoplasty corrects redundant skin and fat of the upper and lower eyelids including sagging of the upper lids and puffy bags below the lower lids.
Healthy men and women with good skin tone who are looking to improve excess skin of the eye area may be good candidates for blepharoplasty.
During the consultation with Dr. Schwartz you will discuss what it is that you dislike about your eyes and what you hope to achieve through surgery. Your eyes and skin will be examined, a thorough medical history taken, and your options discussed. All details of the blepharoplasty procedure will be explained and any questions or concerns that you may have will be addressed.
Dr. Schwartz performs blepharoplasty in his office-based facility or at an outpatient surgery center.
Dr. Schwartz performs blepharoplasty with local anesthesia or IV sedation.
Dear Karen & Dr. Schwartz, Just a quick note to thank you again and tell you how ecstatic I am about my excellent results on my blepharoplasty by Dr. Schwartz. As you both know, I have been ” in this business for over 30 years” you know I am familiar with all the top Plastic Surgeons work across the entire USA. Dr. Michael Schwartz, you work is spectacular and although you are well known as ” The Nose Doctor” you are also the ” Michael-Angelo of All Facial Plastic Surgery”, My eyes are perfectly symmetric and very natural looking and I now look 30 years younger! that was a painless, fast and easy procedure. Most other doctors make you pay and have the danger of going under anesthesia when it is a superfluous danger and expense! Thank you for allowing me to complete my rejuvenation and I now look as young as I feel. We will be now referring all patients in need of these ” surgical” procedures to you. Warmest regards,
Why choose Dr. Schwartz?
- Dr. Michael Schwartz is certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
- MD from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and ENT Residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Schwartz is an active staff member with Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- He has over 30 years of experience as a surgeon and is extensively trained in the latest advancements in facial plastic surgery.
Learn more about Blepharoplasty.