Chin augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure of the face with the purpose of enhancing a patient’s appearance. Double board certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Schwartz has performed numerous chin augmentation procedures in his Palm Beach office and is an expert at identifying the techniques that will work best to achieve your desired results.
Chin Augmentation Before & After Photos
* All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
What is a Chin Augmentation?
A chin augmentation is a type of cosmetic surgery that is performed on the chin in order to balance a person’s facial profile. This procedure can enhance the chin or to make the chin less prominent and often involves the use of implants.
What is the Procedure Process for Chin Augmentation?
There are two ways that this procedure can be performed. The way that the surgeon elects to perform chin augmentation depends on the look that the patient is trying to achieve. If a patient wants to enhance his chin, the surgeon will place silicon or a different type of implant inside of the chin. Many patients feel self-conscious about their protruding chin. This problem can be corrected by shaving back part of the chin bone.
Call today to schedule your consultation
Who is a candidate for Chin Augmentation?
People who want to balance their chin with the rest of their facial features are considered good candidates for chin augmentation. Those who want to get chin augmentation should also have realistic expectations about the look that they want to achieve. Candidates for this procedure should also be in excellent health.
What are the benefits of Chin Augmentation?
A more attractive facial profile is the main benefit that can be reaped from getting chin augmentation. This procedure can also improve a person’s self-esteem. People have more confidence when they like what they see in the mirror. Chin augmentation can also correct the changes that occur in the soft tissue due to the normal process of aging.
What is the cost of Chin Augmentation?
The cost of a chin augmentation can vary greatly, depending on the surgeon and the complexity of the procedure. People who are considering getting this procedure done should consult with their health insurance company. Some health insurance companies will pay a portion of the cost.
- Under-the-Radar Plastic Surgeries that Could Help You
- Should You Consider a “Daddy Makeover?”
- Is Chin Augmentation Right for You?
- All About Balance: Tips for Getting the Chin You Want
- Pros and Cons of a Chin Implant
Chin Augmentation FAQ
Chin augmentation is very safe and the risk of complications is low if one gets this procedure done by a qualified plastic surgeon. Skin discolorations and bruising are some of the most common complications. People who notice any adverse reaction after surgery should not hesitate to consult with their physician.
This procedure is performed under general anesthesia so a person will not feel anything during the operation. Most patients will experience mild discomfort after the surgery is over, but it is usually not unbearable. Surgeons usually prescribe medication to help patients cope with the main.
I have known Dr Schwartz for over 20 years. He performed surgery on my now 89 year old father about 15 years ago and my Dad is still a loyal patient of his. Our family has always been in good hands when provided medical care by him and by his staff.
Why choose Dr. Schwartz?
- Dr. Michael Schwartz is certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
- MD from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and ENT Residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Schwartz is an active staff member with Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- He has over 30 years of experience as a surgeon and is extensively trained in the latest advancements in facial plastic surgery.