Facial implants may be used to augment or create symmetry in the cheeks, chin, or jawline. Cheek implants may be used to add prominence to the cheek bones while a chin implant can improve a weak or undersized chin. This is a fairly simple plastic surgery procedure. Good candidates for cheek or chin implant procedures include healthy men and women who are looking to improve a lack of volume in the cheek, chin, or jaw area.
Facial Implants Before and After Photos
* All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
The Facial Implants procedure
Dr. Schwartz performs cheek and chin augmentation procedures in an outpatient surgical center using IV sedation or general anesthesia. The surgery takes about one to two hours to complete. Hidden incisions are used, typically located inside of the lower lip or just beneath the chin for chin implants or inside of the upper lip or on the lower eyelid for cheek implants. Once the incisions are made, the implant is inserted beneath the skin.
Swelling and bruising may occur after cheek or chin augmentation. Patients may have some difficulty with facial movements at first, and any discomfort can be treated with medication. Dietary restrictions may be necessary for incisions made on the inside of the mouth. The stitches are usually removed within five to seven days. Work and other normal activities can also be resumed at this time.
- Under-the-Radar Plastic Surgeries that Could Help You
- Should You Consider a “Daddy Makeover?”
- Is Chin Augmentation Right for You?
- All About Balance: Tips for Getting the Chin You Want
- Pros and Cons of a Chin Implant
Facial Implants FAQ
Cheek implants are implants which can be inserted into the cheek area to add prominence to the cheek bones.
Chin implants are implant which can be inserted into the chin area to improve a weak or undersized chin.
Healthy men and women who are interesting in improving a lack of volume in the cheek, chin, or jaw area may be good candidates for a chin or cheek implant procedure.
THANK YOU for doing such a wonderful job on my rhinoplasty!! It’s something I’d Seriously considered doing for the past 7 years or so; I’m so glad you were my surgeon. I had relatively no pain associated with my surgery and as an added bonus I can breathe!
A month after my operation I met someone who told me I have a perfect nose(!!) and asked if anyone had told me that before! I couldn’t believe it! I am now totally confident in my looks & no longer feel like my nose is the focal point of my face... I can’t say enough good things about my experience!
Why choose Dr. Schwartz?
- Dr. Michael Schwartz is certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
- MD from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and ENT Residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Schwartz is an active staff member with Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- He has over 30 years of experience as a surgeon and is extensively trained in the latest advancements in facial plastic surgery.
Learn more about Facial Implants.