The midface lift is a plastic surgery procedure which can restore a more youthful, refreshed appearance to the cheek and midface area. The procedure can lift sagging cheeks and restore cheek fullness while also softening smile lines. Good candidates for the midface lift include men and women who are looking to improve a flat or sunken appearance of the midface and cheek areas.
The Midface Lift procedure
Dr. Schwartz performs the midface lift in an outpatient surgical center using IV sedation or general anesthesia. The procedure takes about one and a half hours to complete. Tiny, hidden incisions are made and the deep layers of the cheek bone are resuspended in a natural position.
Midface Lift recovery
The recovery after a midface lift takes about five to seven days. Discomfort tends to be minor. Some swelling and bruising may occur but generally fades within a few weeks. Stitches are removed in five to seven days, at which time patients can usually return to work. More strenuous activities should be postponed for about two weeks.
I found him via the internet and word of mouth from people on the Island of Palm Beach. Excellent
- The Holidays Are a Great Time to Start Thinking About Plastic Surgery
- Young vs. Old: What Ages Your Face
- Can you explain how the midface lift is performed
- What exactly is the difference between a necklift and a facelift?
- I am 58 years old and my wife had a facelift 3 years ago.
Midface Lift FAQ
The midface lift is a plastic surgery procedure which cal lift sagging cheeks, restore cheek fullness, and soften smile lines. The procedure restores a refreshed and more youthful appearance to the cheek and midface area.
Men and women who are interested in improving a flat or sunken appearance in the midface and cheek areas may be good candidates for a midface lift.
During the consultation with Dr. Schwartz you will discuss what it is that you dislike about your facial appearance and what you hope to achieve through surgery. Your face and skin will be examined, a thorough medical history taken, and your options discussed. All details of the midface lift procedure will be explained and any questions or concerns that you may have will be addressed.
Dr. Schwartz performs the midface lift surgery at an outpatient surgical center.
Why choose Dr. Schwartz?
- Dr. Michael Schwartz is certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
- MD from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and ENT Residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Schwartz is an active staff member with Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- He has over 30 years of experience as a surgeon and is extensively trained in the latest advancements in facial plastic surgery.
Learn more about Midface Lifts.