Neck liposuction, also known as liposculpture, is a plastic surgery procedure which can sculpt the neck and jawline through the removal of excess fat. Good candidates for neck liposuction include healthy men and women with good skin tone who are looking to improve the appearance of excess fat in the neck and jaw areas.
Neck Liposuction Before and After Photos
* All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
Dr. Schwartz performs liposuction in his office-based surgical facility or an outpatient surgical center. Local anesthesia or IV sedation may be used and the procedure typically takes thirty minutes to one hour to complete. A tiny, hidden incision is made and then a small cannula is used to suction out the excess fat.
Liposuction on the Neck
Sometimes extra fat in the neck area is what makes you look older. The excess fat hangs down, creating a double chin or a jowly appearance. One way to remove the unwanted fat is through neck liposuction.
Typically, liposuction of the neck is recommended if you have elastic skin and good muscle tone but are dealing with a considerable amount of unwanted fat in the area. Liposuction is a surgical procedure, so your doctor will review your medical history at the consultation to make sure you are healthy enough to withstand the surgery.
During liposuction, the surgeon will usually insert a thin tube into your neck, through a well-concealed, small incision. The fat is suctioned out through the tube. In many cases, the whole procedure takes less than hour. Most people are able to go back to work in a few days and many can get back to exercise and more strenuous activities after about two weeks.
Neck Liposuction recovery
Recovery after liposuction of the neck typically takes two to four days. Patients may experience some temporary bruising, swelling and numbness. Discomfort tends to be minimal but can be treated with medication. The stitches are removed after five days. Patients are able to return to work within two to four days, though more strenuous activities should be postponed for about two weeks.
Call today to schedule your consultation
Neck Liposuction FAQ
Neck liposuction, also referred to as liposculpture, is a plastic surgery procedure which sculpts the neck and jawline by removing excess fat.
Men and women who are healthy and have good skin tone but are looking to improve the appearance of excess fat in the neck and jaw areas may be good candidates for neck liposuction.
During the consultation with Dr. Schwartz you will discuss what it is that you dislike about your neck and what you hope to achieve through surgery. Your neck and skin will be examined, a thorough medical history taken, and your options discussed. All details of the neck liposuction procedure will be explained and any questions or concerns that you may have will be addressed.
Dr. Schwartz performs neck liposuction in his office-based surgical facility.
Why choose Dr. Schwartz?
- Dr. Michael Schwartz is certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Board of Otolaryngology.
- MD from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and ENT Residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
- He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Schwartz is an active staff member with Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- He has over 30 years of experience as a surgeon and is extensively trained in the latest advancements in facial plastic surgery.
Learn more about Liposculpture.